After many LONG weeks of closures, we are starting to see some of our favorite Orlando attractions, hotels and restaurants open again! Below is the status of major attractions and businesses, including many that are open as of RIGHT NOW. This list is very fluid and is changing frequently (luckily, since that means that more is opening by the day!).
Please note: Most businesses are operating under a limited capacity, and face coverings are required in Orlando and Orange County.
We suggest that you contact or verify details before visiting. Otherwise, have fun!
Last Updated: Monday, June 29th, 2020
Major Theme Parks
Walt Disney World – Walt Disney World will be opening in a phased approach.
July 11th – Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom
July 15th – Epcot and Hollywood Studios
View reopening information and details here.
Some of the important info includes:
– Face Coverings will be required
– Reduced capacity in theme parks and in restaurants, retails and attractions
– Advance theme park reservations will be required
– Fireworks, parades and other events with large crowds will be temporarily suspended
– There will be no character meet and greets upon reopening
– Very enhanced safety measures will be put in place
– Current dining reservations have been canceled
– Disney Dining Plan has been suspended
– Fast Passes have been temporarily suspended
– Extra Magic Hours have been temporarily suspended
SeaWorld – SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove is open. Among many other safety guidelines, face coverings will be mandatory for employees and guests.
Advanced reservations are required for all three parks.
Theme Parks and Attractions
Discovery Cove – Reopening June 11th.
Hotels & Resorts
Many Orlando-area hotels are open including most small chain hotel brands. Below is a list of large major resorts that are welcoming guests. Remember that some resorts are open but some amenities and restaurants may not be operational. Check with the individual resort prior to booking.
- Margaritaville Resort Orlando
- The Grove Resort and Water Park
- Floridays Resort
- Coco Key Resort and Water Park
- Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek
- The Hilton Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center (June 25th)
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (June 24th)
- Hilton Bonnet Creek (Anticipate July 1st reopening)
- Caribe Royal (Reopening July 1st)