After many LONG weeks of closures, we are starting to see some of our favorite Orlando attractions, hotels and restaurants open again! Below is the status of major attractions and businesses, including many that are open as of RIGHT NOW. This list is very fluid and is changing frequently (luckily, since that means that more is opening by the day!).
Please note: Most businesses are operating under a limited capacity, and face coverings are required in Orlando and Orange County.
We suggest that you contact or verify details before visiting. Otherwise, have fun!
Last Updated: Thursday, July 16th, 2019
Major Theme Parks
Walt Disney World – Walt Disney World theme parks and select resorts are now open
A valid theme park ticket and park reservations MUST be made in advance to enter Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Studios or Hollywood Studios.
View reopening information and details here.
Some of the important info includes:
– Face Coverings are required
– Reduced capacity in theme parks and in restaurants, retails and attractions
– Advance theme park reservations are required
– Fireworks, parades and other events with large crowds are temporarily suspended
– There will be no character meet and greets upon reopening
– Very enhanced safety measures will be put in place
– Current dining reservations have been canceled
– Disney Dining Plan has been suspended
– Fast Passes have been temporarily suspended
– Extra Magic Hours have been temporarily suspended
SeaWorld – SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove are open. Among many other safety guidelines, face coverings will be mandatory for employees and guests.
Advanced reservations are required for all three parks.
LegoLand Florida – Theme parks and hotels are now open. Note that as of July 15th a new policy went into effect – all guests over 8 years old must wear a face covering.
Theme Parks and Attractions
Discovery Cove – Reopening June 11th.
Hotels & Resorts
Many Orlando-area hotels are open including most small chain hotel brands. Below is a list of large major resorts that are welcoming guests. Remember that some resorts are open but some amenities and restaurants may not be operational. Check with the individual resort prior to booking.